Popcorn & Entrepreneurship Series, presented by EY, Online Program
Welcome to the NSBA’s 6th Annual Popcorn & Entrepreneurship Series, presented by EY!
September 2nd, 2020 | Prairieland Park | Gates Open: 5pm | Showtime: 6:30pm | FM Station: 97.5
In this online program you will find:
Meet the 2020 Stars | Event Information & COVID-19 Guidelines | Site Map | Concession Menu | Sponsors
9 Mile Legacy Brewing Co. Ltd. -Shawn Moen and Garrett Pederson
9 Mile Legacy Brewing is a nanobrewery located in the heart of Riversdale. It was founded by Shawn Moen and Garrett Pederson and represents a continuation of a family partnership for over 100 years (the founders’ farms are located 9 miles apart and their families have supported one another for generations). The flagship nanobrewery is located on 20th Street West where you can pick up bottles and growlers to go and stop in with friends for a cold beer. 9 Mile Legacy is currently building a second facility that will be a production and canning brewery, also located in Riversdale.
Pine View Farms All Natural Meats – Kevin and Melanie Boldt
Pine View Farms was founded in 1998 as a diversification of an existing grain and cattle farm just north of Saskatoon, near Osler. Pine View Farms serves health food stores, restaurants, and better butcher shops and grocers throughout Saskatchewan in addition to selling directly to consumers. The farm and butcher shop have grown organically over the years with numerous expansions, renovations and additional staff. They now employ 28 full and part-time people from the local community — not bad for a tiny farm on the Saskatchewan prairie!
TinyEYE Therapy Services – Greg Sutton and Marnee Brick
TinyEYE Therapy Services was born out of a desire to see speech therapy become more effective. Each therapy session is conducted live, 1-on-1 through propriety online therapy platform built for quality and engagement. Over the last 15 years, services have expanded to include occupational therapy and mental health. TinyEYE’s vision is that every child will receive the quality therapy they deserve. Today, TinyEYE has conducted more than 700,000 online therapy sessions to over 25,000 students – enough to fill the SaskTel Centre – almost 2x over!
If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 (dry cough, shortness of breath, tiredness, sore throat, etc..) we ask that you please do not attend this event. If you have traveled outside of Canada within 14 days and you are required to quarantine, we ask that you please do not attend this event.
Please read the information below to help us keep this event fun and safe for everyone attending.
Information for venue, parking, and the concession:
- The only access to Prairieland Park will be through the main gate on Ruth Street West. Once on-site, you will be directed through the registration station, the popcorn station, and to your parking place.
- You will receive a parking pass at the registration table. Please ensure that this pass is hung from your rear-view mirror with the coloured side facing outwards. VIP Guests will receive Meal vouchers for each occupant. Non-VIP Guests will also have access to the Concession, located inside Hall B but on a fee-for-service basis, with cashless payment.
- Parking places will be determined by the parking attendants. Guests are expected to proceed to the parking space indicated by the parking attendants and not attempt to choose their own spot.
- Due to this being a drive-in event, there will be no alcohol service on site and guests are asked to exercise discretion at all times outside their vehicle while walking around the site.
- Please follow the direction of the parking attendants when you enter the event and when you are leaving the event.
- We want to keep this event safe and healthy for everyone. Please read the Covid-19 and social distancing rules for this event below. Please note that if you need a mask, the NSBA staff will have disposable masks for you to use.
- Attendees are required to keep a 2m distance with those outside of your bubble (those that you arrived with to the event). This includes the concession lines, outdoor areas including photo booth, popcorn stand, and in the Show and Shine area.
- The NSBA is required to register all attendees to the event for contact tracing purposes. We require the name and contact information of at least one person per vehicle prior to the event. This individual is expected to have names and contact information for each attendee in the vehicle should it be necessary.
- Social distancing measures will be in place for the concession, photo booth, washrooms – these will be clearly marked. Sanitizing stations will be located throughout Prairieland Park.
- We ask that only one person from each vehicle be the designated person for the concession. Meals and concession items will be given to guests in a contact-less fashion. Bags will be used to allow a single individual to carry items for an entire vehicle. There is a limit on the amount of people to be in Hall B at one time and we ask that guests use the overflow line outside if you are unable to keep social distance.
- Entrance for washroom-only access to Hall B can be gained on the building’s west-side exit doors.
- Only 6 people per picnic table. The picnic tables will be set up with a block on them, with one side red (place red side up to indicate no visits, please) and one side green (green facing up to indicate visits welcome) to easily identify your table’s comfort with guests. While you may have a guest at your table, they must be seated (i.e. not starting a congregation of people around the table) and your table should still not exceed 6 people. Individuals are asked to respect the social distancing of others and not approach a table whose block is turned to show the red side up.